AGM 2014
We were delighted to welcome Máire Clarke President of R.T.A.I. to our AGM. Máire thanked members for their immense contribution to Irish education during their careers. ‘It was now time for retirees to enjoy the fruits of their labour and to make the most of their retirement,’ she said.
Accompanying Máire were Denis Desmond, General Secretary and his wife Siobhán who were given a warm reception by the members.
Denis announced that he was retiring after over 20 years at the helm of R.T.A.I. He is leaving behind a financially sound, properly structured and vibrant organization of which he should be immensely proud of.
Presentations were made to President Máire, Siobhán and to Denis who was thanked for his commitment and dedication to R.T.A.I. affairs during his term of office. He will be missed but as the late John O Donohue wrote
‘Now is the time to enjoy your heart’s desire,
To live the dreams you have waited for,
To awaken the depths beyond your work
And enter into your infinite source.”
![]() | |
| Mary Howley, P.J. Callanan, Maire Clarke, Denis Desmond, Siobhan Desmond & Mary Kyne |
Míle buíochas ó Mhuinteóirí Scortha na Gaillimhe


